Saturday, April 09, 2005

MY OBSESSION

Back and forth.
And then again.
Three times it hit me.
Three short quick glances.
Three more chances.
Do we care? i can't tell.
We're enemies, you and i.
We have to be.
i watched too intently.
Perhaps you wanted me to.
There is nothing to say.
"My faith in truth universal is slowly dying."
i am slowly dying.
Another month and a fresh start.
i want to leave so badly.
i don't want to leave.
You.
Won't stay, anyway.
i hate you as i hate the snow.
Lovely to look at.
Bitter to feel.

Rigid chills in my throat.
i belong to a different generation.
A throwback to the fiftes.
Or maybe just a throwback.
i am Marylin Monroe.
i am her death.
i am her addiction.
i am her dress.
Just to go back home.
Just escape before you harm me further.
Just leave.
My door is open.
Up the stairs and to the right.
Why are you
so far away
from me?
You seem to be right across the street.
My obsession is your food.
Your water.
Your shelter.

You love me not.
You never love what you need most.
You must need me.
Terribly.